The Government of British Columbia and City of Vancouver are steadily re-opening a variety of venues. Brock House will begin to offer a limited number of programs in the House.
The Board of Directors wish to stress that:
- Rules and guidelines from the Provincial Health Officer, the Provincial Government, the BC Centre for Disease Control and the City of Vancouver will always be followed.
- The health and safety of members, volunteers and staff is the highest priority.
- Should the need arise, programs may be suspended at any time and without advance notice.
Before coming to Brock House, please read through the following guidelines, requests and rules.
Please self-assess - if you have any symptoms of illness or have been exposed to anyone who may have or been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home.
In order to adhere to the guidelines, set out by the Provincial Health Officer to prevent the spread of COVID-19 the following measures will be followed by members, volunteers, convenors, staff and trades who come to Brock House.
- Attendance at Brock House will be limited to maximum of 50 people in the house.
- Members will need to register online for events and to sign-in at the door in order to facilitate contact tracing if required.
- Everyone coming into Brock House will need to wear a mask.
- If you do not have a mask, we will sell you one (disposable or reusable) at the greeter’s desk.
- Physical distance themselves from others.
- There will be hand sanitizer at the doors and placed around the house.Please wash your hands or use the sanitizer when entering the house and as needed.
- Practice physical distancing by keeping two metres (six feet) apart from one another as much as possible
- Food and beverages will not be available. However, members may bring their own coffee cup if they plan to drink on premises.
- Staff will sanitize all surfaces in all parts of the house multiple times daily; washrooms will also be sanitized multiple times daily.
- All class sizes will be limited to ensure physical distancing.
- The cafeteria and the bar / lounge areas of the house will be set up to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.